Practical experience is needed for the design of a well working environmental technology verification and testing system. The main objectives, that include test cases, are:
1. Validation of the functionality of the verification system for technologies from different fields that have been identified as important in the ETAP work (water technologies, clean production, monitoring, etc).
2. Validation of functionality of the verification system for different types of organizational solutions (reference is also made to the models that IPTS has investigated and is to investigate in the near future).
3. Recommendations for improvement of verification system and protocol.
4. Provide experiences and show cases for dissemination of verification system.
The verification system will be validate through evaluation of the performance of a selected number of innovative technologies by developing test plans, conducting field or laboratory tests (as appropriate), collecting and analysing data, and preparing peer-reviewed reports.
TESTNET pre-selected different technologies for the validation of the verification system, covering three EsT areas :
1- Monitoring of drinking water / surface water
- Bio monitoring [Toxcontrol]
2- Monitoring of waste water
- Optical monitoring [S::can spectro::lyser]
3- Water disinfection in food industry
- Disinfection by oxidation process
4- Water treatment
- Fuzzy filter (Optional, not yet selected)
- Clean Production
1- Recovery system in biomass and waste power station
- Membrane technology for flue gas condensate
2- Tratment process in metal and waste industries
- Plasma technology
3- Hydrocarbon recovery in petrochemical industry
- Gas separation using membrane permeation process
4- Production line in mining industry
- Clean pipe production